4.3 - A person that works in your field: Germán del Sol

Germán del Sol is a Chilean architect who start his career studying in Universidad Católica de Chile, but he turned in architect when he graduated from the Escuela Técnica Superior de Arquitectura in Barcelona, Spain. One of the things that I admire of him it´s how he combines architecture with nature, in his most important projects he finds the way to do this and it´s admirable, because his designs are coherent with the space and biodiversity. I think that every project needs to be connected with the place roots and respect it, but German del Sol go beyond of that and design complexly and efficiently. His most featured works are the Chilean Pavilion in the Universal Expo of Sevilla in 1992, Explora Hotel in the Desert of Atacama, Remota Hotel in the Chilean Patagonia and the Geometric Hot Springs in Araucanía Region of the same country. The diversity of his projects reveal the type of architect he is, that’s why he is a referent of me when I do my own projects. 


German del Sol´s Remota Hotel, Chilean Patagonia

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

What I want to change about my study programme?

The best concert that I went

What I would like to study in a postgraduate course